Termite End Grain Tool
The Termite Bit for the Termite End Grain Tool is sharpened by:
- mounting the Bit in the Grinding Block,
- mounting the Grinding Point in a:
- Pillar / Drill Press,
- Router, or
- Die Grinder
- using the Grinding Block to hold the Bit against the Grinding Point whilst the Grinding Point is being spun.
Oneway Termite Bit
Oneway Termite Grinding Point
Oneway Termite Grinding Block
Notes & Comments
- Al Hockenbery* gave this alternate approach :
- I put the sharpening point in an air-powered die grinder.
To sharpen, I hold the termite in one hand, press the grinding point into cutter, and turn on the die grinder for a fraction of a second.
This is just long enough,for the die grinder to hit max rpm and sharpen that side of the ring.
Repeat for the other side.
* Al Hockenbery is a highly noted wood turner and Honorary Life Member of the American Association of Woodturners.
About this site
Remember : The goal of sharpening is to produce sharp tools, and these tools can injure you if mishandled. Safety measures should be followed to protect yourself and those in your shop. Be sure to read and follow all instructions from the manufacturer, and and utilize proper safety equipment. Never consume alcohol or anything that could impair your judgement before sharpening tools, or using sharp tools.
Comments can be sent via eMail to me at SharpeningHandbook@Gmail.com.